Magnetic Necklace Bar

Easy Way to Hang and Organize Necklaces

  • I was looking at jewelry boxes and realized my main requirement was a clever way to hang my necklaces.  
    • But nothing was built to hold several necklaces without potential over crowding and probable tangles.
  • As I drove home from the store with no jewelry box, I started picturing ways to solve the problem. 
    • I came up with one concept that I would need: 
      • access to a C.A.D. program to properly design it
        • And the help of my CAD buddy Brooke, we passed that class in tandem
          • We also ate a lot of toast and dreamed about skipping school and driving straight to the beach
            • We didn't do it, 
              • But man it was tempting being 16, having a car and being up so early for zero period.
      • Would need to create a mold for it. 
      • I thought it through and was very tired. 
    • So that will sit on my mental shelf for now. 
      • Dreams of Shark Tank snuggled up against it.
    • But this other idea also came, and seemed more doable.
  • My first LA roommate had a bar she hung her necklaces on, but there was a very delicate removal process as you lifted the proper one up, undid the clasp and made it abandon it's fairly clingy brothers. 
    • So, I wondered if I could add magnets to the equation. 
      • Truthfully, if I could, I would add magnets to everything. 
      • They are just so much easier.
  • And here are the results.

  • Magnetic Twist Ties, 
    • this came from a long search on amazon for ribbon with magnets. 
    • They come in an affordable multi pack. 
    • And bonus they came in these lovely colors.
    •  8pcs Earphone Cable Winders

  • I had ribbon 3 yards of a wide ribbon 
    • I did a loose twist around the bar, 
    • If you want no bar showing consider adding in an another yard
  • 2 non wall harming hooks that could hold the rod 

  •  A couple yards of thin ribbon. 
    • Cut into strips.
    • Guessing completely on the length because these are recycled from another project completely and were already cut as well.
  • I tied the wider ribbon on one end of the stick and then played with the wrap til I found a way that worked.
    • I found keeping it looser made it better 
    • Then tied off the other end. 
    • You can also re-enforce this with a little hot glue.


  • Next I tied the smaller ribbons on with a double knot. 
    • OPTIONAL: If you want to do it with out the magnetic ties a couple options are:
      • Put a second knot into the ribbons. 
        • This way they can hold anything you clasp on. 
      • Or keep them hanging loose and tie on your necklaces with simple bows. 
      • But keep them LOOSE if you are adding the magnets, I may have had to undo them all because I got ahead of myself.
Only do the second knot if you aren't using the magnets
If you are using the magnets leave it like this
  • Add the new cool magnetic toys. 
    • I double knotted them in up close to the bar then wrapped the ribbon up around the bar for another double knot. 
  • Put them all on there.


  • And at the end you have something that works like this.








Comments