Part One of Replacing A Driver License

Nonsense
Makes as much sense as a chicken purse.


DMV Online: That form can only be obtained through an actual DMV or through a phone request.

ME: (dials phone)

DMV PHONE: Here are lots of options

ME: Driver's License

DMV PHONE: New Driver's License, Lost or Stolen Driver's License, Renew Driver's License.

ME: Lost or Stolen Driver's License

DMV PHONE: You may get that form after this info.

ME: (Waiting)

DMV PHONE: Now say "get form" for lost or stolen driver license form.

ME: Get form

DMV PHONE: Most forms can be found online, do you still want to order a form  from the phone?

ME: Yes.

DMV PHONE: What form would you like 1, 2, 3, or other.

ME: Other

DMV PHONE: Please state form you would like

ME: Lost or Stolen Driver License form.

DMV PHONE: Sorry, but could you say that again.

ME: Replace Driver's License form.

DMV PHONE: I'm sorry, but I can't understand you.

ME: Lost Driver's License form.

DMV PHONE: I'm sorry but no operator can help you right now. Let me take you back to the Main Menu.

WISER ME: Get forms

DMV PHONE: Most forms can be found online. Are you sure about this?

ME: Yes

DMV PHONE:  What form would like from all three of these options.

ME: Other.

DMV PHONE: I'm sorry did you say repeat, go back or Main Menu.

ME: Skip ahead

DMV PHONE: I'm sorry did you say repeat, go back or Main Menu.

ME: Repeat.

DMV PHONE: I'm sorry, please repeat that.

ME: Repeat:

DMV PHONE: I'm sorry, please repeat that.

ME: Pete and Ree-Pete went out in a boat...

DMV PHONE: Now you're catching on.

ME: Fine, Main Menu.

DMV PHONE: Please choose an option.

ME: Get Form.

DMV PHONE: You meant order form, But I understood you. (See I'm user friendly)

DMV PHONE: Say name of the form you would like.

ME: Lost License

DMV PHONE: Maybe you mumbled.

ME: Lost driver's license

DMV PHONE: I wish you would enunciate.

ME: Lost Driver's License Form.

DMV PHONE: Never heard of it.

ME: Driver's License Form.

DMV PHONE: Perfect. Now say your zip code.

ME: Numbers

DMV PHONE: Perfect. Now say your street.

ME: Street numbers.

DMV PHONE: Perfect we heard blergy blegy is this right?

ME: No

DMV PHONE: Which part is wrong?

ME: Most of it.

DMV PHONE: We are sorry, we will take you back to the main menu.

My roommate brings me a fresh baked cookie. I munch on cookie, take a breath, and redial.

Skipping ahead.

DMV PHONE: Do you live in Sherman Oaks?

ME: Sure, why not.

DMV PHONE: Tell us if this is right.  You live somewhere in Los Angeles county and would like the replacement Title Form?

ME: No.

DMV PHONE: You are ugly.

ME: What?

DMV PHONE: You heard me.

ME: I'm hanging up.

DMV PHONE: Too late (DMV Phone hangs up)

Ate another cookie.

And called again.

DMV PHONE: A driving form is coming to Sherman Oaks in a hundred days.

ME: Not quite the form I want, not quite my address, but Okay.

DMV PHONE: So glad I could help.

I think a form is coming, hopefully it's the right one for whoever's mailbox it ends up in.

No phones or robots were hurt in the making of these calls, but they were most certainly laughed and jeered at.

Comments