Review of "Nailed It!"

Did Netflix's New Series
"Nailed It" nail it?



  • I'm a giant fan of a well known great British baking show. 
  • Also, I may have also taken the time to watch a certain Australian Dessert show on Netflix 
  • So tonight I jumped at the chance to watch the new Netlix original "Nailed It" 


Only a few episodes in and I already have four reasons to watch this show:

4. The train wreck of bakes, makes it feel like maybe I could be a contestant and win ten thousand dollars.
  • The one down side, I'm afraid the high prize price might make it to expensive to produce beyond the first season.
    • A $300 prize would have worked going in, but at this point, no one would accept a dip.



3. The guest judges
  •  Honestly, so far, they have been fascinating, and with only two people running the show, the guests get more screen time then any other show I've seen.
    • They also have a panic button element where one of the judges actually helps contestants for 3 minutes
    • Giving the guests even more direct contact with contestants


    • The first judge was so far my favorite of all of them. 
      • Here she is saying, "I want to give you credit for having courage and guts to do this."


2. The show is surprisingly encouraging
  • Thanks to the vibrant host and French judge, the feeling of show is fun, light and loving.
    • Event the worst creations get praise of some kind. 
      • Which is just nice, after a long day at work.





1. And my number one reason I've enjoyed it:
  • The show is fascinating study in watching a show grow into a better product.
    • The first episode is a bit of train wreck its self with clunky editing and lack of focus.
      • There are moments where we watch the host move the contestants from point A to point B...
        • which should've never made it past a rough edit.
    • But each episode incorporates a new element
      • Quicker editing

      • More focus on baking tips
        • Judges explaining what the contestants are doing wrong and how we can avoid making the same mistakes.
      • Graphics suddenly become a thing.
        • Which I realize probably meant more money for editing.

      • Tutorials are added which then gives materials for:
        • active side by sides

    • It's very educational to watch a train wreck of a show grow into a better version of it's self.
  • It's cheesy, it's positive and it's educational both in baking and how TV shows are made and improved upon. 
    • So...
      •  I loved it. 
    • Can't wait to watch more episodes.

  • If you watch it, let me know what you think.

Comments