Pierre, My Pet Candelabra

 A Break from The Important Stuff

Candleabra and Chairs


  • So there are a lot of things happening right now. 
    • And they are super important. 
  • But everyone needs a break from the heavy important adulting things. 
    • This is why Funniest Home Videos was on air for so long. 
    • This is why lightsaber dancing, several cat's reactions to cucumbers, and puppies cuddling with baby zebras are so popular.
      • I have not seen a puppy  and baby zebra video yet, but if there is one, please send me the link!
    • This is why I watch Korean Dramas 
  • The human brain needs breaks. 
  • I have no adorable pets, children, or dinners to fill my Instagram with. 
    • But I did buy a candelabra 
    • So here is my attempt at a cute fuzzy Instagram feed, boiled down to a blogpost.
  • My pet candelabra Pierre
      • This is the day I got him...
        • So young and so tiny...well...shiny.
        • Yes, I let him up on the table right away,
          • Yes, it became a habit of his that I still haven't broken
            • Yes, it's my own fault.
              • But look at him, he's so happy up there.
New Candelabra
    • He also likes to hide in shrubbery. Which there isn't a lot of in LA.
      • So I take him into other people's gardens...like this one
        • What? 
          • He's good for the plants.
      candelabra with plants
      • He enjoys being near all meals, even if it's just a snack. 

candelabra outside

    •  He just glows with happiness.

candelabra lit

    •  He also stares out the blinds, and gets a bit dramatic about it.
      • I think this one was after I had explained Lumiere wasn't part of the meet and greet characters at Disney Land
        • He was feeling "woe"
        • And as a true pet parent, I callously took a picture 

candelabra in woe

    •  Pierre will also climb on to coffee tables,
      • Note: I do not let him drink coffee. 
        • Well maybe he tasted it once, but I took it away as soon as I saw what was happening

candelabra coffee table

    •  One night I caught him up on the roof. I'm a little afraid of heights, so getting him down was a process. 
      • But I think he came to watch the sunset...or maybe he was upset I hadn't replaced his candles? 
      • I don't know, but here is evidence of that night.
        • And I got him new candles the next day, promise.

candelabra sunset

    • I threw a Muppet Treasure Island Party Sing Along Party, and he was into the food in ten minutes flat.
      • Can you spot him?
      • We had to put him on a high shelf for the rest of the night.
      • There is another photo of this, but shows more of my messy apartment, so...this one will have to do.


Pirate Party


    • Pierre is both adorable, and a lot of work. But in the end he's totally worth it.
      • What pets do you have?
candelabra

Comments