Oven Pancakes

A group of people are coming over for pancakes...baked in my oven 
Oven baked coconut pancake, oven baked chocolate chip pancake oven baked blueberry pancake


  • I love pancakes, but I'm also lazy, and let's face it pancakes are not a lazy food. 
    • I  could stand over a hot stove 
      • Around noon in the heat of October in L.A. 
      • And keep the tiny bits of fluffy goodness coming out of a frying pan,
      • While I'm left out of my guests delightful conversations. 
    • Or get up super early before all the guests arrive 
      • Start making tons of the littler suckers, 
      • Keep them warm in the oven, 
      • Serve to everyone all at once, 
        • But fall asleep during the conversation...
          • til I remember I also bought bacon 
          • and I return to the stove.
  • I didn't like these options.
  • My amazing roommate told me about making a pancakes in a rice cooker.
    • The only problem is I don't own one, 
    • And with less than a day before the event, even Amazon prime wouldn't deliver me one in time.
  • So I searched online and found this link
    • If you don't have time to click it's a guy talking about saving time by cooking his pancakes in his sweet, oven safe frying pan, he got free
      • My frying pan cost me $8 and has a plastic handle
    • But I liked the sentiment
  • Then to further legit the possibility of an oven safe pancake I found Martha's version
    • But it required a skillet
      • And I didn't have time to forge one out of melted paperclips and safety pins.
        • I'm sure that is how most skillets are made... 
          • Now that we don't have local black smiths
  • But I have glass pie pans.
    • Three of them actually
    • During my recent move I questioned my need for so many
      • But tonight it's been proven each one is necessary
        • At least til the next time I move
  • So without further ado, my lazy version of the Oven Baked Pancakes
  • What you'll need
    • Pancake mix that you add water to
    • Real Vanilla
    • Things to doctor it with if desired: 
      • Chocolate chips 
        • When cooled top with Nutella 
      • Blueberries 
        • When done baking top with butter and blueberries

      • A handful of coconut and spoon full of melted coconut creme 
        • Top with some melted coconut creme as a glaze after baked
    • Water
      • Mine was genuine L.A. tap water, 
        • But I'm sure any clean water will do.
    • Butter
    • Pie Pan
    • Rubber Spatula
  • Preheat the oven at 375, put your glass pan in the oven to get hot
  • Mix the pancake mix and add Vanilla
    • If your doctoring add either chocolate chips, blueberries, or coconut and melted coconut creme
  • Pull out your hot glass pan, drop in some butter and swirl it round to coat all the sides
  • Pour the pancake mix into the pan
  • Tilt the pan a little 
    • you should see the outer layer of the pancake already starting to cook
  • Place the pan in the oven. 
  • Greet your guests
  • Pull out the real "pan cake" pancake hot and ready for everyone at the same time

  • Top with toppings if wanted 
  • Serve to everyone
    • Make eye contact, start a conversation, join your party
    • Whoops I forgot about the bacon...
      • but wait there is an oven safe way to do that too! 
        • It requires a cold oven so maybe it should be cooked before the pancakes
        • Bonus...bacon smells greet the guests as they walk in.
          • A link to a blog, where someone took the time to write all about it is here 
  • Enjoy your oven baked pancake party!

Comments