Christian Dating: “Why am I not being asked out?” A=APPROACHABLE


A=Approachable
Guys are more likely to talk to a girl if they feel welcomed by them first. So, here are some things to keep in mind when heading to that party, or social gathering...

KC Will He Notice Me Comic


  • What are your clothes saying?
    • Wear something you feel confident in.
    • If it’s sensational but needs constant adjusting, save it for when you have a trusted someone to help you keep track of everything .
    • If it makes you feel “cozy” or “comfortable” but not “attractive” better dig a little deeper into your closet.


  • What is your face saying?
    • A smile is the most attractive thing you can wear
    • Eyes…making eye contact vs. cast down
      • Look around the room.

  • What are your arms saying?
    • Crossed vs. uncrossed
      • Crossed arms are less friendly

  • What are your words saying?
  • You just met this guy; have fun!
    • Avoid bringing up: high stress levels, health issues, and tirades
    • Bring up positive things in your life
      • the things you’re thankful for,
      • things you enjoy doing
      • questions about what he enjoys

  • What is your placement in the room saying?
    • Standing in a group of women all night vs. crossing alone to get a cup of water and smiling at those you pass 
    • A group of women can be intimidating for men.
    • I'm not suggesting ditch your friends, just take breaks
    • Create moments when you are smiling, looking around a bit, and alone
  • See a group of guys?
    • Cross over and join the conversation.
    • No need to talk right away,
    • Smile and wait for a natural opening to comment on the conversation
      • If they do show signs of wishing you gone,
        • Chances are extremely high something else is going on
        • It’s not personal.
  • Don't hide
      • Not in the bathroom for most of the night
      • Not in your car
      • Not in some remote corner with no access to you
    • I know it seems romantic to have him "come find you" but if he can't really find you then he can't talk to you.
  • Stay for awhile
    • Stay past the time you would usually stay
    • Give the guy some time to gather some courage to talk to you
    • If you are gone, then he can't talk to you

  •  What are your responses saying?

Guy: “I love roller coasters”
Girl: “Really, I hate roller coasters.”
Vs.
Guy: “I love roller coasters”
Girl: “Really, what do you like about them?”
    • Another example:

Guy: “Do you want to go see Chickens Dance on a String this Saturday” (a real thing my uncle took my aunt to while dating, later he found out how much she hated that sort of thing)
Girl: “I think that’s animal cruelty, plus I have a thing Saturday.”
Vs.
Guy: “Do you want to go to Chickens Dance on a String, this Saturday”
Girl: “No, that's animal cruelty to chickens.
Guy: "They're just chickens. I have to hear about why you are so into chickens."
Girl: "I save all my chicken talk for coffee shops."
Guy: “This Saturday?”
Girl: “I got a thing, but I’m free Wednesday”       

  • My last note (I've regretted this one)
    • Don't get to focused on one specific guy
      • Your crush maybe in the room but still be open to smiling at other guys
    • If the "wrong guy" approaches you, 
      • Still smile and interact with him positively 
      • see it as practice
      • Use your best judgement
        • If there is a real reason to shut a guy down, then do
Coming Soon:
“Why am I not being asked out?”
 Ladies, I can’t always answer this question, even for myself…I can only offer hints I picked up from researching the subject…and a few of these I’m still struggling to implement
The ABs
A=Approachable


Comments