Yam Cookies



1. I'm lazy

  • So I used a can of sweet potatoes (instead of the real deal), and covered my cookie sheets with tin foil for less clean up

2. I almost never follow a recipe completely
3. So feel free to try and improve upon this, and let me know what you did.
4. Also, this recipe is already doubled. I live in a house where cookie dough is a hot commodity, and to assure actual cookies get made everything must be doubled .














Ingredients:
1\2 cup of brown sugar (split in two)
1\4 cup of white sugar
1 cup of butter
1 tbs of cinnamon
1 tsp of nutmeg
1\2 tsp of ginger
2 eggs
1\2 tbs of baking soda
1 tsp of vanilla
1 can of drained yams in syrup
1 shake of salt
2 1\2 cups of flour
2 cups of oats

1. Preheat oven at 350'
2. Cream eggs, butter, sugar (only 1\4 a cup of the brown sugar), and spices




3.Add eggs, yams, baking soda, salt and vanilla
4. Beat


5. I get my dough hook out when it comes to this next point in cookie making (again, I prefer less work)
6. Add in the flour, a half cup at a time

7. Add oats
8. Add the last 1\4 cup of brown sugar (note: you can do more if you like, because it's added in last it creates ribbons of brown sugar in your cookies)
9. Make into balls on foil covered cookie sheet fairly close together (these cookies do not spread very far)
Yam Cookies
10. Bake for 8-11min.
11. And enjoy
12. One last note the spices and sugar are easier to taste after the cookie has cooled, not that I eat cookies straight from the oven ;)

Comments